Many parents want to know if Nuna has a swivel or rotating car seat. The answer is YES! Nuna has the Nuna REVV 360 rotating car seat.
Now that we know for sure that you can get a 360 car seat from Nuna, there are other questions or information you need to know before jumping on the Nuna Revv 360 car seat.
The Nuna Revv 360 rotating car seat claims to offer a unique solution to enhance the safety and convenience of your little one while on the road. Could this be true? What do parents need to know about a rotating car seat such as the Revv?
Let’s delve deeper into the product and evaluate its features, pros, cons, and its standing in the market.
Features of the Nuna Revv 360 Rotating Car Seat
To learn about a product and to confirm whether it’s worth it or not, there is a need to know its features. We shall go through the features of Nuna Revv to see what it’s made of.
- Ability to spin 360°: Just as the name suggests, Nuna Revv can swivel from rear to forward-facing. This means that to transition from rear to forward-facing, you don’t need to uninstall. Hence, it relieves you from the stress that comes with a regular convertible car seat.
- 10 recline positions: Depending on the height of your child, you can choose from 5 positions when in rear-facing, and 5 positions when riding forward-facing.
- Side impact protection and EPP energy-absorbing foam: The Nuna Revv 360 rotating car seat comes with Aeroflex™ side impact protection system and EPP energy-absorbing foam for maximum security in case of a crash
- Materials used for production: The frame of the car seat is made of 100% steel. Other materials used include plastics and lightweight micro knit fabrics.
- Design and functionality: Just like the Nuna Exec and Nuna Rava, this car offers a sleek and contemporary design that makes it one of the most appealing swivel car seats on the market. In terms of functionality, the Nuna Revv offers a smooth and safe ride.
Looking at the basic features of the Nuna rotating convertible car seat, one can see that the significant difference is its ability to swivel. This brings us to the subsequent questions below.
Nuna Revv: Is It Worth Buying A Rotating Car Seat?
Rotating car seats, like the Nuna Revv 360, are designed to make the task of placing and securing a child in the car seat easier. With a 360-degree rotation feature, parents can turn the seat towards them to place the child and then rotate it to either a rear-facing or forward-facing position.
Also, rotating seats often provide a longer usage timeline, growing with the child from infancy to toddlerhood, by switching from rear-facing to forward-facing.
Therefore, for parents seeking convenience, investing in a rotating car seat can be worthwhile.
How Long Can A Baby Stay In A Nuna Revv 360 Car Seat?
The Nuna Revv 360 rotating car seat is designed to support extended rear-facing, which many safety experts advocate as the safest travel position for young children.
Most infants can start using the Nuna Revv rear-facing mode from birth and continue until they are about 2 years old or outgrow the maximum weight or height limit (more on age and weight limit as you read on).
As for the forward-facing mode, you should start riding your child when he/she is at least 2 years old until the car seat becomes too small to accommodate your child.
Now, if you are talking about the number of hours to leave your child in a rotating car seat, it’s advisable to take regular breaks to let the baby stretch and change position, especially during prolonged journeys.
Nuna Revv Rotating Car Seat Vs. Regular: Which Is Safer?
Since the invention of the rotating car seat for kids, I haven’t heard of any safety concerns that are peculiar to a car seat that spins.
Both the Nuna Revv 360 and many regular car seats adhere to rigorous safety standards. The unique rotating feature does not compromise on safety. In fact, it comes equipped with advanced side-impact protection and other safety mechanisms.
One advantage of the rotating seat is that it can reduce user error. By turning the seat towards the parent, they can ensure that the harness and other safety features are correctly employed.
Therefore, while both the Revv and other regular car seats offer top-notch safety, the rotating feature of the Nuna Revv 360 may minimize user errors, thus potentially increasing safety.
Nuna Revv 360 Rotating Car Seat: Pros and Cons
Just like other products, the Revv 360 has its pros and cons. If you are planning to buy the car seat, below are the pros and cons you should know:
- The rotating feature allows easy access for placing and securing the child
- Can be used from infancy to toddlerhood
- Enhanced side-impact protection and reinforced steel frame
- Often pricier than regular car seats
- Tends to be heavier due to the rotating mechanism
Age and Weight Limit For Nuna Revv 360 Rotating Car Seat
The Nuna Revv 360 is designed to accommodate babies from birth up to 3-4 years old. Below is a breakdown of the weight and age limit:
- Rear-facing: You can ride your little one from birth to around 2 years. If you are using LATCH, the weight range is 5-35 lbs. As for installation with vehicle seat belt, the weight range is 5-40 lbs. During a rear-facing ride on the Nuna Revv 360 car seat, your baby’s height shouldn’t exceed 43 inches.
- Forward-facing: Can typically support toddlers from at least 2 years old. Whether you are using LATCH or a vehicle belt, the weight range is 30-40 lbs.
You will get this information inside the car seat manual. Always adhere to the instructions and stop using the car seat at the appropriate time to avoid any safety breaches.
Comparing Nuna Revv 360 And Other Rotating Car Seats: Which Is Better?
While the Nuna Revv 360 is highly praised for its features and safety, other brands like Cybex and Maxi-Cosi also offer rotating car seats. When compared:
- Price: At $650, Nuna Revv 360 tends to be in a similar price range to its competitors.
- Features: Each brand offers unique features, so it’s crucial to compare based on individual needs.
- Safety: All premium rotating car seats generally adhere to rigorous safety standards.
Therefore, it doesn’t really make a difference if you buy the Revv or any other rotating car seat. Apart from the spinning feature, rotating car seats are just like regular car seats. Just ensure you buy a car seat that meets your specs, budget, and vehicle compatibility, and offers your child maximum safety and comfort.
You might want to read the Nuna vs. Graco car seats complete guide.
Frequently Asked Questions On Nuna Revv
The Nuna Revv 360 car seat is designed to accommodate children from birth until they reach the seat's maximum weight and height limits. Typically, a child can use it until about 4 years old.
The Nuna Revv 360 comes with a user manual that provides step-by-step instructions for installation. It is recommended to refer to the manual and, if possible, get the installation checked by a certified professional.
Yes, the 360-degree rotation feature allows you to easily switch between forward and rear-facing positions, offering extended rear-facing options for enhanced safety.
No, the Nuna Revv 360 rotating car seat is not FAA-approved. You must fly in an airplane with your child, you should only use a car seat that is airline compatible.
Just like other Nuna products, the Nuna Revv rotating car seat comes with a manufacturer's warranty. You should register your product upon purchase and check the warranty terms and conditions.
Once your child exceeds the weight or height limit of the Nuna Revv, it's time to transition to a booster seat or another suitable car seat that fits your child's current size and weight.
No, don't do so. Car seats that have been in moderate to severe accidents should not be reused. Check the manufacturer's guidelines and consider replacing the seat to ensure your child's safety.
Nuna designs its products with safety as a top priority. The rotating mechanism of Nuna Revv undergoes rigorous testing to ensure it meets or exceeds safety standards.